Video by Dr. Dawn Elise Snipes on integrative behavioral health approaches to improving mental health and reducing mental illness.
Please SUBSCRIBE and click the BELL to be notified when we release new videos and when Dr. Dawn Elise Snipes is going live each month. Access additional benefits by JOINING here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAE3JJi8tX7gfhZEXCUGd_A/join
Cheap CEUs are available for this presentation at https://www.allceus.com/member/cart/index/product/id/1346/c/
Want to listen to it as a podcast instead? Subscribe to Counselor Toolbox Podcast https://pod.link/1120947649
Treatment Planning for Depression
Based in part on TIP 48: Managing Depressive Symptoms in Substance Abuse Clients During Early Recovery
Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes
Executive Director: AllCEUs.com
– Identify instruments to guide treatment planning
– Identify the causes of depression
– Identify behavioral interventions
– Identify cognitive interventions
– Identify emotional Interventions
Effects of Depression on Treatment
– The client with depressive symptoms may have difficulty in any or all of the following areas:
– Ability to follow instructions and keep appointments.
– Ability to focus and benefit from group
– Energy to participate in program activities.
– Motivation for change.
– Ability to make appropriate decisions about treatment needs and goals.
– Belief that he or she can be helped.
– Responsiveness to reinforcements.
– Ability to handle feelings.
– Ability to handle relations with others.
– Ability to attend to (and not disrupt) group activities.
– Ability to avoid relapse after treatment is completed.
– Depression can impact almost any area of functioning
– Depressive symptoms are on a continuum and can wax and wane
– Treatment planning needs to be individualized to address:
– Acute crisis and dangerousness
– Biomedical conditions and complications
– Emotional, behavioral or cognitive issues
– Readiness for change for EACH issue/objective
– Strengths for addressing each issue
– Break larger tasks into chunks
– Relapse or continued problem potential
– Stage of readiness for change
– Recovery environment
AllCEUs provides multimedia #counseloreducation and CEUs for LPCs, LMHCs, LMFTs and LCSWs as well as #addiction counselor precertification training and continuing education.
Live, Interactive Webinars ($5)
Unlimited Counseling CEs for $59
Specialty Certificates starting at $89 including #AddictionCounselor #RecoveryCoach #PeerSupportSpecialist #TraumaInformedCare #BHT #Etherapy
#AllCEUs courses are accepted in most states because we are approved as an education provider for NAADAC, the States of Florida and Texas Boards of Social Work and Mental Health/Professional Counseling, the California Consortium for Addiction Professionals and Professions, the Australian Counselling Association, National Counsel for Therapeutic Recreation Certification NCTRC, CRCC, PA Certification Board, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and more. and more…
#DrDawnEliseSnipes provides training through #allceus that are helpful for #LPCCEUs #LMHCCEUs #LCPCCEUs #LSWCEUs #LCSWCEUs #LMFTCEUs #CRCCEUs #LADCCEUs #CADCCEUs #MACCEUs #CAPCEUs #NCCCEUS #LCDCCEUs #CPRSCEUs #CTRSCEUs and more. #HPCSA #ACA #NBCC #NCMHCE #addiction #recovery #mentalhealth#addictionrecovery #depression #anxiety #wedorecover #motivation #mentalhealthawareness #addictionawareness #recoverymonth