Video by Dr. Dawn Elise Snipes on integrative behavioral health approaches to improving mental health and reducing mental illness.
Please SUBSCRIBE and click the BELL to be notified when we release new videos and when Dr. Dawn Elise Snipes is going live each month. Access additional benefits by JOINING here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAE3JJi8tX7gfhZEXCUGd_A/join
Cheap CEUs are available for this presentation at https://allceus.com/counselortoolbox Direct purchase link will be in PART 2 Notes.
Want to listen to it as a podcast instead? Subscribe to Counselor Toolbox Podcast https://pod.link/1120947649
Behavioral Health Services for People
Who Are Homeless
Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes
• Recognize and address homelessness as a special dynamic that affects your clients.
• Help prevent potential crises that result from becoming homeless.
• Provide preventive services for individuals and families who are homeless,
• Be more aware of the effects of psychological trauma and co-occurring disorders (CODs) among people who are homeless.
• Provide integrated, more effective services to people who are homeless.
• Understand and know how to utilize resources for homelessness in your community.
• Influence the understanding of others in your community regarding the interrelationship of homelessness, substance abuse, and mental illness.
– It is likely there will be a surge in people who are homeless after major negative economic or pandemic events
– Most people who are homeless desire stable, safe housing.
– Secondary prevention should focus on helping to person develop a safer living situation and prevent worsening of current medical, dental and psychiatric issues (if any)
– Tertiary prevention should focus on preventing development of additional problems: Addiction, hepatitis, Covid etc.
– In Part 2 we will discuss unique issues for those who are homeless and unsheltered and the prevalence and impact of homelessness on children
Also check out our other podcasts, Happiness Isn't Brain Surgery and Addiction Counselor Exam Review
AllCEUs provides multimedia #counseloreducation and CEUs for LPCs, LMHCs, LMFTs and LCSWs as well as #addiction counselor precertification training and continuing education.
Live, Interactive Webinars ($5)
Unlimited Counseling CEs for $59
Specialty Certificates starting at $89 including #AddictionCounselor #RecoveryCoach #PeerSupportSpecialist #TraumaInformedCare #BHT #Etherapy
#AllCEUs courses are accepted in most states because we are approved as an education provider for NAADAC, the States of Florida and Texas Boards of Social Work and Mental Health/Professional Counseling, the California Consortium for Addiction Professionals and Professions, the Australian Counselling Association, National Counsel for Therapeutic Recreation Certification NCTRC, CRCC, PA Certification Board, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and more. and more…
#DrDawnEliseSnipes provides training through #allceus that are helpful for #LPCCEUs #LMHCCEUs #LCPCCEUs #LSWCEUs #LCSWCEUs #LMFTCEUs #CRCCEUs #LADCCEUs #CADCCEUs #MACCEUs #CAPCEUs #NCCCEUS #LCDCCEUs #CPRSCEUs #CTRSCEUs and more. #HPCSA #ACA #NBCC #NCMHCE #addiction #recovery #mentalhealth#addictionrecovery #depression #anxiety #wedorecover #motivation #mentalhealthawareness #addictionawareness