Unlimited Counseling CEUs for $59 https://www.allceus.com/
Specialty Certificate tracks starting at $89 https://www.allceus.com/certificate-tracks/
Live Webinars $5/hour https://www.allceus.com/live-interactive-webinars/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CounselorToolbox Help us keep the videos free for everyone to learn by becoming a patron.
Nurses, addiction and mental health counselors, social workers and marriage and family therapists can earn continuing education credits (CEs) for this and other course at: https://www.allceus.com/member/cart?c=17
View the New Harbinger Catalog and get your 25% discount on their products by entering coupon code: 1168SNIPES at check out
AllCEUs is also approved as an education provider for NAADAC, the States of Florida and Texas Boards of Social Work and Mental Health/Professional Counseling, the California Consortium for Addiction Professionals and Professions. Our courses are accepted in most states through those approvals.
Define stimulants, depressants and hallucinogens Discuss their ◦ Mechanism of action ◦ Symptoms of intoxication ◦ Symptoms of withdrawal ◦ Short and long term effects ◦ Common street names Differential diagnosis
3. Method of administration greatly effects the intensity and duration of onset for various drugs ◦ Oral (slowest) ◦ Inhalation/Snorting ◦ Inhalation/Smoking ◦ Injection ◦ Rectal suppository ◦ Skin patches AllCEUs.com Unlimited Online CEUs $59 | Interactive Webinars $5
4. Drugas affect everyone differently, based on: ◦ Size, weight and health ◦ Whether the person is used to taking it ◦ Whether other drugs are taken concurrently ◦ The amount taken ◦ The strength of the drug (varies from batch to batch with illegally produced drugs)
5. Stimulants are substances that act to excite the central nervous system ◦ Caffeine ◦ Amphetmines ◦ Cocaine
6. Stimulants increase alertness, attention, and energy, as well as elevate blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration. Used to treat asthma and other respiratory problems, obesity, neurological disorders, ADHD, narcolepsy, and occasionally depression
7. Stimulants enhance norepinephrine and dopamine. Increase in dopamine can induce a feeling of euphoria when stimulants are taken nonmedically. Norepinepherine also increases blood pressure and heart rate, constricts blood vessels, increases blood glucose, and opens up breathing passages.